Thursday, March 17, 2011

Barney at the Bar

I was just watching an episode of “Cheers” Frasier and Lilith brought their son to the bar and it looked like he was holding a Barney doll. That’s the children’s show dinosaur not Neil Patrick Harris on “How I Met Your Mother”. This surprised me because I did not think that “Barney” and ”Cheers” overlapped time line wise. I looked it up and “Barney” started in 1992 and “Cheers” ended in 1993. I knew I remembered seeing the last episode of “Cheers” when it originally aired and I would have been about 12 at that time so that makes sense. I would have placed “Barney” as starting a few years later then that but either way I would have been too old to be interested in it. Also the doll featured on the “Cheers” episode was always turned so the green stomach was not showing so there’s no real proof it’s the “Barney” at least as far as the lawyers are concerned, anyone else can tell by the shape of the purple dinosaur that “Barney” was visiting Cheers.

1 comment: